Described as the ‘Oscars’ for the education industry, the GESS Education Awards recognise and reward the quality and diversity of educational products, resources, services and people as well as the best educational establishments and the most dedicated members of the teaching profession. The Awards also celebrate the outstanding accomplishments of education professionals in raising quality standards for teaching and learning in schools across the region.
The awards are broken down into two sections: those for suppliers and/or distributors and those for teachers, schools and educational professionals.
The awards in the supplier category will be presented to suppliers and/or distributors that supply education establishments with high-quality, safe products appropriate to every day teaching and learning needs. Education Finland members are nominated in the following categories:
• Best CRS programme for education: Mehackit
• Best digital/VR/AI product & best sustainable/eco-friendly product: ISKU
• Best paid for app/software product: Eduten, GraphoGame, Qridi
• Best product to promote Arts, music and drama in the classroom: INTO School
• Innovation Product Awards – digital/coding/software: Omnia Education Partnership (Future Entrepreneurs)
• Early Years Resource/equipment supplier of the year: Kindiedays, Council for Creative Education
• Start-up company of the year: Kide Science, New Nordic School
A panel of independent judges, including Aleksi Kamu from ThingLink, another Education Finland member company, will be looking at all entries and deciding the winners. The winners will be announced at the GESS gala dinner on February 26th, 2020.
Before GESS, there is a possibility to meet Finnish companies at the dedicated Finnish Education Expo Middle East on February 24th. The will also be a Finland booth at the GESS exhibition. Come and meet us in Dubai!
For more information, see