The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) is committed to making its digital services accessible, in accordance with the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 (from now on referred to as “the Finnish Act”).
This accessibility statement applies to the Education Finland service (educationfinland.fi), from now on referred to as “the service”.
The service is not compliant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards (from now on referred to as “the Standards”), due to the shortcomings listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Non-compliance with the Finnish Act: we are committed to addressing the non-compliances by the end of 2022.
The accessibility statement will be updated as the identified issues are resolved.
In brackets, you can see the WCAG 2.1 success criterion or criteria each item violates.
- Some documents are not tagged [1.3.1. Info and relationships].
- Some documents have no title [2.4.2. Page titled].
- Some documents have more than one top-level heading [1.3.1. Info and relationships, 2.4.1. Bypass blocks].
- Some tables of contents are not clearly labeled as such [1.3.1. Info and relationships, 2.4.6. Headings and labels].
- Text blocks are unnecessarily split apart [1.3.2. Meaningful sequence].
- Some lists are not tagged as such [1.3.1. Info and relationships].
- Some links do not contain descriptive text [2.4.4. Link purpose (in context)].
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared in April 2022, based on an accessibility audit in Nov 2020 and subsequent accessibility fixes performed by Wunder Oy.
The statement was last reviewed on 8 April 2022.
Feedback and contact information
You have a right to report any failures to comply with the Standards, and to request alternative versions of content that is inaccessible to you.
- To send feedback on the technical accessibility of this service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send feedback on the accessibility of the content of this service: email@example.com
- To request alternative versions of any of the content: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should receive timely confirmation acknowledging the receipt of your feedback or request. If you do not receive confirmation within 14 days, please contact: email@example.com
We are required by the Finnish Act to address your feedback or request within two weeks. If we are unable to address it within two weeks, we will contact you to inform you and extend the deadline by up to two additional weeks.
If your feedback or request is not acknowledged or addressed within the required timeframe, you have a right to file a complaint with the competent authority: