Learn more about Finnish school meals:
Brochures and publications
- School Meals for All – Comprehensive introduction to the history, design and implementation of school meals in Finland.
- Eating and learning together - recommendations for school meals (2017) .
- Sustainable school meals and suggestions for recipes (Kouluruoka2030 policy brief)
Websites and online tools
- Health and joy from food – meal recommendations for early childhood and care (2018)
- The Fineli –database has information about the average nutrient contents of over 4,000 foods and 55 nutrient factors of foods used in Finland.
- The Finnish Hygiene Passport for the food industry was developed to promote food safety. Introduction to the Hygiene passport concept and the test are available at Finnish Food Authority’s website.
- The Heart Symbol provided tells the consumer at a glance that the product marked with this symbol is a healthier choice in its product group.
- TEAviisari shows the direction of health promotion capacity building in municipalities and monitors the participation in school meals.
- The School Lunch Diploma is an award granted to schools for providing nutritionally, educationally, and ecologically sustainable school lunches.
- Lukeloki Food Waste Measurement Application for Food Services is an easy-to-use online application for measuring food waste in food service companies.
- Research-based environmental impact of school meals (Finnish Environment Institute policy brief).
- Finnish Free School Meals - How It All Began (The history of the Finnish School Meals)
- Finnish Free School Meal est. 1948 - Much more than a meal (ENG)
- The Finnish Free School Meals (part two)