For those visiting the BETT show on 29.-31.3.2023, the Education Finland pavilion introduces different elements and reprents levels of Finnish education, especially educational technology. You can find us on stand NB51.
Finland enjoys one of the most advanced and expansive selection of educational technology for all levels of education, ranging from formal to extracurricular learning. Educational technology in Finland is teacher-driven, and there is a good understanding how the technology can complement innovative teaching methods. In combination with the country´s strong ICT sector and a booming gaming industry this has helped to create favorable conditions for developing cutting-edge digital learning solutions that make learning fun.
Please note the following session in the Global Showcase Theatre on Thursday 30th of March at 11:00 – 11:30:
Digital Compass 2030 – guiding Finland’s digital transformation
Director Ms. Jonna Korhonen, Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture
The companies represented at the Education Finland Pavilion include the following:
- EduCluster Finland (ECF), University of Jyväskylä Group shares Finnish education experience and know-how through dynamic partnerships across the globe. We specialise in three main areas, establishing Finnish International schools overseas, delivering teacher training and professional development internationally, and supporting and delivering innovative approaches to vocational education.
- Kodarit stands as Finland's premier private coding school, offering a straightforward path for students from five years of age to embark on their coding journey, all the way up to their entry into the software industry. Our unique and high-quality pedagogical approach promises a fun and friendly learning experience while equipping our students with top-notch coding skills.
- University of Eastern Finland offers high quality education and applied knowledge for international partners in the widely recognized Finnish educational system in Finland and abroad. Our services covers early childhood education and care, basic education, higher education and continuous learning for teachers, educational experts and school managers and leaders.provides consultation and tailored development services for governments, companies, universities, municipalities and private and public schools.
- Kide Science gives Early Years teachers the confidence to develop Inquiry skills that are critical to a child’s early development using our play and story-based approach. We provide a research-backed teacher platform full of training and lesson plans. All of which create purposeful, action-packed learning environments for children across the world. As Finland's No.1 Education Solution, our Playful Inquiry pedagogy really does create the next generation of critical thinkers.
- Finnish Global Education Solutions' mission is to create better learning journeys; We combine research and practice to improve the quality of K12 education through partnerships in school operations and the professional development of teachers. Our consistent approach to whole school development ensures continuity and sustainable changes. All our services are designed by educational professionals and teachers with experience of the Finnish education system.
- Eduten is Finland’s most popular digital classroom tool for mathematics. Its benefits are enjoyed in more than 70% of schools in Finland and by 1.3 million students and teachers across the world. Eduten includes a ready-made exercise library of more than 200,000 student tasks that supports any curriculum, and it has been translated into many languages. Eduten is based on 18 years of research at the University of Turku, Finland, a globally top 1% University, and its impact on learning results, teacher wellbeing, and student motivation is proven by 100+ peer-reviewed global learning impact studies.
- VAMK is a modern and international University of Applied Sciences situated in Vaasa, Western Finland. We provide high-level theoretical and practical oriented education in Finnish and in English, both at Bachelor level as well as professional Master´s degree level. VAMK has over 3500 students and out of them around 350 are international degree students. More than 45 different nationalities are represented at VAMK.
- Polar Partners is an education consultancy specialized in establishing and developing schools by combining best practices of Finnish education and local expertise. Our concept includes all aspects of a high-quality school – international Finnish curriculum, modern learning materials and software, support for management, teacher training, multi-functional school architecture and student wellbeing.
- Seppo is an ideal tool for game-based learning. You can easily create lessons that combine creativity, collaboration and use of skills and knowledge. Seppo helps to bring game elements into the learning process. Seppo allows any type of training content or material to be turned into an interactive game. The games contain many elements that support learning and problem solving. Game mechanics are external factors that encourage progression in the game, but the most important effect of gameplay is that players feel they can make independent choices within the game. They become autonomous agents, which has a particular impact on motivation.
- Helsinki Education Hub is a unique EdTech startup and innovation hub. Their main target is to advance the business of EdTech startups from idea to innovation and expand fruitful collaboration within the EdTech community. The services we offer include an incubator program, a testbed for piloting, and a free co-working space in the heart of Helsinki.